HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2018 ALREADY!? I cannot BELIEVE how fast 2017 went by. Now let’s talk resolutions of course…
Looking at a list of things to change is intimidating. It can be exciting, but also overwhelming. Each year I feel like I set goals, and I’m not able to stick with them all. I wanted to find a way to really FOCUS on what I wanted to change, one goal at a time. I give my brother Joe credit for this new routine, and I can’t wait to get started.
Instead of creating a list of resolutions to focus on for the new year, focus on one resolution a month. Give yourself time to make the changes, and let your mind get used to the changes.
Each month, you will change your resolution, not forgetting the previous one. This is to hope that the previous goal will have become a habit, so you can focus on working on the next one. You don’t need to fill each month with a resolution. If you have 4 resolutions, maybe you work on a new one every 3 months. The point is, you have all of 2018 to work on a better you. Rushing it might lead to giving up, whereas focusing and taking your time on your resolutions, can lead to success.
Here are mine!
January- Start Health Journey
- Eat more of a plant-based diet
- Less candy/sugar
- Gym at least 4 times a week
- Educate myself more on the importance of a good diet
February- Start Separate Savings Account/Get Out of Debt
- Put a % of paycheck into a separate savings account, not attached to checking account for easy transfer
- Learn to not touch savings account
- Create monthly savings goal/end of year goal
- Pay off credit cards by March
- Be frugal, no shopping until credit cards are paid off
March- Weed Out Negativity
- In my past I’ve had some negative people come and go in my life. This month I want to learn to completely leave that in the past, and move forward.
- Be 100% positive around others.
- Stop doing so much for people who don’t appreciate it. Focus more on what makes me happy. Put more attention into people who put attention into me.
April- Practice Patience
- I have a LOT of goals I want to achieve. Blogging, YouTube, Marriage, Kids, a Forever Home. I need to be more patient and realize everything will happen when it’s supposed to. Being an eager person, this will be tough!
- Each week, work on something small that will work towards these goals (saving for kids, pinterest board for wedding/house, working on the blog/youtube).
These are the resolutions I’m going to focus on in 2018. As you can see, I’ve decided to spend the first 4 months working really hard on these. You can also spread them out throughout the year, but I feel these are all important to work on sooner.
I can’t wait to look back at these resolutions at the end of 2018 and see what progress I’ve made! What are your resolutions, and what do you think about this month to month process?
I hope everyone has a great 2018. I have a great feeling about this year! New career, new home, and new mindset! I’m ready to leave the past in the past, and focus on what is going to help me get the future I really want!